Supporting Positive Change Across Scotland
Launched in March 2019, ‘Supporting Positive Change Across Scotland’ is the Foundation’s five year strategic plan which will see a range of new funding programmes open in 2019 and 2020.
Four strategic aims will determine our programmes of work over the next five years:
- We will focus our work and impact on charities that demonstrate they address social exclusion or disadvantage.
- We will develop flexible, responsive grant making tailored to the needs of those we support.
- We will realise the value of our strategic partnership with Lloyds Banking Group.
- As a learning organisation we will work to improve our impact and the quality of what we do and will provide best in class customer service.
You can find out more information in our March 2019 Newsletter.
Within any community, there will be a diverse collection of individuals and charities tackling local issues. Some issues will be unique to the local area, others will be replicated across the country or parts of it. We feel it is important to help individuals and groups work together to ensure a better quality of life within their community. Practical ways of making this happen may include:
- Initiatives designed to encourage the involvement in the community of those too often excluded
- Working with people on low incomes, at risk from poverty or with problems finding accommodation
- Improving the standard of local facilities
Making informed judgements and taking effective decisions regarding money are important skills, which some people can find to be beyond their grasp. Building the confidence and competence of everyone about finance is a particular priority for Bank of Scotland Foundation. In order to achieve this, we are committed to supporting financial literacy and financial inclusion right across Scotland. We aim to help make these essential skills both easy and accessible for all.
Initiatives that we are particularly interested in supporting are:
- Promoting financial awareness and money advice
- Enhancing debt counselling services within the community
- Supporting life-skills in all age groups and sections of the community